Planning Your Wedding
We know that planning your wedding and honeymoon is one of the most important and time consuming jobs you will every come across. Arranging your wedding abroad with Beachcomber will help take all the stresses away! We arrange over 300 weddings each year so you can be rest assured that your big day is in trusted hands. We in fact guarantee only one wedding a day at Sainte Anne Island.
Your Beachcomber Wedding Planner
Before you go
- Once you have made your booking we will send out confirmation to you along with the Beachcomber Wedding Form then all you need to do is send us the necessary documentation and relax!
- Make sure your passport is valid for more than six months after your return date. If not, you will need to apply for a new one so allow plenty of time for this to come.
- If you are travelling onto another destination that requires vaccinations or malaria tablets make sure you’re up to date with all of the current requirements.
- If you require a visa we would suggest contacting your consulate to guarantee this is done by your departure date.
- The final balance will be due approximately 10 weeks before you travel and at this point it’s good to re-iterate any special requests you have made for the hotel and to check the policy with your airline with regards to being able to pre-seat, luggage allowances and dietary requests for the flight meals.
- About 3 weeks before you travel, you will receive your Beachcomber Travel wallet containing all of your documents; itinerary and even cards to give out so people can contact you.
The day of departure…..
Make a final check to ensure you have everything you need:
- Travel Documents
- Originals of required documents for your wedding
- Bride and Grooms wedding outfits
- If applicable – the wedding party outfits
- For the bride – something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue!
- If required - A copy of the speeches
When you arrive
- When you arrive you will take the day to settle in, relax by the pool, sip a cocktail at sunset and enjoy the first day of your honeymoon.
- A meeting will be arranged with your wedding planner who will work with you to plan your perfect day.
- You will choose your wedding location–your wedding can take place anywhere in the resort, most people decide on the gardens or on the beach, but the choice is yours! Weddings will usually take place in the late afternoon as it is a cooler time of the day, the light is also better for photographs and you can take advantage of the sunsets at this time of day. Exact times are subject to registrar availability and seasonality.
After the wedding…..
The great thing is you do not need to worry about post wedding day blues as you are still on honeymoon! You can relax on the beach, try your hand at a number of water sports and sample many different types of food. You could try a number of excursions from cycling around La Digue to a trip to the main island of Mahe for a spot of shopping. Why not organise a romantic candlelit dinner on the beach for the night after your wedding, or book a relaxing massage for your loved one? Whatever you would like to do, the guest relations team at the hotel will be on hand to help you to organise something special.