A safe place to be10/09/2020
Our commitment to our guests
At Beachcomber Resorts & Hotels, ensuring a safe and healthy environment for our Guests and Artisans has always been of the utmost importance. This is clearly set out in our Safety & Health Policy and part of our numerous safety protocols and procedures. In response to the current COVID-19 crisis, we have implemented heightened standards and safeguards ahead of the reopening of our resorts. Our Group has teamed up with LIBA, an ISO 17025 accredited international bioanalytical laboratory, to help confirm to all stakeholders through our SAFE PLACE label the safety and hygiene practices and measures we have in place. We are reopening our properties and wish to reassure our partners, teams and holidaymakers alike that we are providing them with the safest environment, fully compliant to sanitary measures set up by local authorities, World Health Organisation recommendations and industry best practices.
Safe Guest Journey
The Group has been actively engaged over the years implementing an array of health and safety measures, such as HACCP certification of its hotels, annual legionella risk assessments, continuous water quality testing and annual air quality monitoring by SGS and QuantiLab. The SAFE PLACE label provides an additional guarantee that Mauritius remains the world’s best holiday destination for its quality of service and beautiful natural environment as well as the high level of safety offered to holidaymakers throughout their stay. Foreign visitors who are fond of Mauritius are welcome to visit Beachcomber hotels for the most exclusive and relaxing holiday experience.
- Enhanced hygiene measures are in place in all Beachcomber hotels through clear protocol, which strictly comply with World Health Organisation recommendations and local sanitary regulations.
- Social distancing is privileged and the use of face masks recommended in situations where physical contact is inevitable.
- Hand sanitisers are available on reception desks in all common areas for use by guests.
- The most frequently touched surfaces in rooms and common areas are disinfected with approved chemicals and using innovative cleaning equipment.
- Availability of an Infirmary on the resort with a Nursing Officer / else a Doctor on call 24/7 operating along well-defined procedures.
- Health Screening of all our Artisans through Health Questionnaire / Temperature Log Form / Illness Report Form, duly filled in and monitored.
- Continual training of our Artisans on Good Hygiene Practices and Precautionary measures, with support of posters and videos.
- All our Contractors / Service Providers and Suppliers duly informed of our Enhanced Hygiene concerns and Precautionary measures.
Guest Journey - a SAFE PLACE inspiring confidence for enjoyment
Beachcomber Resorts & Hotels has always been committed to the well-being of its guests. It has also redesigned the Guest Journey to promote safe and unforgettable experiences.
- In order to optimize communication with our Guests and help better prepare their stay, as part of a digital Guest Journey approach, we are offering the possibility to Guests to provide further information regarding their bookings prior to arrival and with the possibility of online check-in.
- Our Safe Place Champions readily available to provide any further assistance to Guests and explain sanitary protocol in place.
- Our transport services and partners follow reinforced precautionary measures with vehicle cleaned and disinfected prior to each trip.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers available at main entrances of all common areas for Guests usage.
- Guests reminded of social distancing to be kept through markings on the floor at strategic locations.
- Face masks recommended where social distancing cannot be adequately maintained and available at our Infirmary/Reception/Boutique for purchase.
- All key high touchpoints in guest areas are sanitised multiple times a day with the use of electrostatic as applicable.
- All our Artisans have undergone medical screening, are monitored daily, are trained and are equipped with the required personal protective equipment for service.
- Availability of an Infirmary in the hotel with Nursing Officer, else Doctor on call.
- We may require a temperature check where applicable.
- Our Safe Place champions readily available to provide any further assistance to Guests and explain sanitary protocol in place.
- A warm welcome from our team with our porter who will sanitise your luggage before it enters the room.
- Check-in formalities within our spacious lobby with preserved social distancing and hygiene practices.
- We make sure all key cards are appropriately disinfected.
- Prior to arrival, your room has been deep cleaned and disinfected, with particular attention to all contact points.
- Disinfecting wipe placed in each guest room.
- We take extra care to meet our guests’ individual requirements. Generally, one Artisan will enter your room daily for cleaning, unless requested otherwise.
- Digital Room directory, Brochures and Menu cards available in room via QR codes.
- Paper collaterals generally available on request.
- We have adapted the layout to allow compliance with social distancing guidelines; seating arrangements have been redesigned to keep adequate space between tables.
- Tables and chairs sanitised before and after each usage.
- Menu and Bill folders also sanitised between each use.
- A la carte service prioritised over buffets.
- Buffet service will be available with only live cooking stations and food plating.
- Safe contactless room service delivery will be available if requested.
- Room service menus reviewed to ensure a wider choice, featuring some of our local delights.
- Beach towels available directly in the room, else provided to you by the beach attendant.
- Our sunbeds are generously spaced out to maintain social distancing; they are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Bookings required, including for the use of Wet and Dry Steam baths.
- Guests having cold flu-like symptoms should not come for treatment. Our 24-hour cancellation notice period shall be waived.
- We request our Spa guests to take a shower before coming in for a treatment.
- All our therapists will wear face masks and hand sanitisers available in each treatment room.
- Complete cleaning and disinfection routine followed between each cabin use.
- Booking slots available with a limited number of guests allowed at any one time within our fitness centre studios and classes.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection will take place.
- Guests invited to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- We will privilege outdoor activities practised in spacious areas.
- As part of Registration process, Guests suffering from flu-like symptoms would not be allowed to participate in activity.
- Number of Guests limited on ski platform and as part of group activities such as glass bottom.
- Private lessons could be put on hold for time being.
- Cleaning and disinfection of equipment and accessories after Guest use, with particular attention to lifejackets, snorkelling gears and key high touch areas.
Art of Entertaining
- As usual, parents required to fill in and submit the registration form; kids exhibiting flu-like symptoms would not be admitted.
- Staffing ratio per age group categories would be applicable.
- Activities per age group would be spread across different areas, promoting outdoor locations.
- Kids will be encouraged to wash their hands frequently.
- Kids may wear their own face mask provided there is no risk of misuse.
- Kids Club area and toys cleaned and disinfected at frequent intervals.
- A contactless check-out is also possible, a room account Pre-departure bill can be sent by email.