One of many the reasons why the Beachcomber hotels in Mauritius are so special for a family holiday is that they all offer a fantastic array of land and water sports, many of which are complimentary. From water skiing or paddle boarding on a sparkling blue lagoon, to golf on a championship course there’s something for everybody.
Conditions in Mauritius are ideal for water sports. The warm Indian Ocean waters of Mauritius are protected by a coral reef that keeps them safe and calm. With instructors on hand to teach most activities this is a great opportunity to learn new skills or perfect those you already have.
On land each resort has a number of floodlit tennis courts, and all you'll have to pay for is tennis balls but we suggest you take your own. There's great golf at Paradis Golf Club, and for those who miss the gym, well equipped gyms at all of the Beachcomber Hotels except Canonnier.
Water Sports at the Beachcomber Hotels in Mauritius
- Free Water skiing
- Paddle boarding (except Shandrani)
- Sailing school (Shandrani only)
- Pedaloes and kayaks
- Organised snorkelling trips
- organised glass bottom boat trips
- Scuba Diving (extra charge)
- Deep sea fishing (extra charge)
Land Sports at The Beachcomber Hotels in Mauritius
- Tennis courts and racquets
- Table tennis
- Squash (Royal Palm only)
- Fully Equipped gyms (except Canonnier)
- Volleyball (except Royal Palm and Dinarobin)
- Mountain bike hire (free at Royal Palm)
- Pitch and Putt golf (Shandrani only)
- 18-hole Golf Course (Paradis and Dinarobin)
- Beachcomber Sports & Nature (Shandrani)
- Archery (Canonnier only)