Weather in Mauritius
When's the best time to have a Mauritius Holiday?
In all honesty there is no ‘best’ time to take your Mauritius holiday due to the islands sub tropical climate, meaning it is warm all year round. We find that the busiest times are Christmas and New Year, Easter and the school holidays. It might be worth you booking early if you are looking at travelling over these periods especially at Christmas and Easter to avoid disappointment.
What makes Mauritius a good all year round destination?
There are so many reasons why a Mauritius holiday is a great choice for you.
- The Mauritius weather is ideal with average temperatures rarely dropping below 24 degrees Celsius.
- Mauritius does have rainfall year round, but it tends to fall in short, sharp showers.
- The sea temperature remains warm enough to swim in throughout the year.
Temperatures in Mauritius through the year
- Weather in Mauritius January to April - This is the hottest and most humid time in Mauritius with temperatures getting into the low 30's. It does rain at this time of the year but rainfall tends to be in heavy and short lived showers. Mauritius occasionally experiences the tail winds from anti-cyclones during this time (mainly during February), which generally last no more than 2 or 3 days. Once an anti-cyclone has passed the result is typically warmer and less humid conditions.
- Weather in Mauritius May to August - These are the ‘cooler' months in Mauritius, although the day time temperatures remain warm at around 25 degrees Celsius on average. The weather is ideal for children and those who don't like it too hot. At this time of the year the west coast of Mauritius is a couple of degrees warmer than the East, due to the east coast trade winds.
- Weather in Mauritius September to December - Traditionally a great time to visit Mauritius, the temperatures are warmer, traditionally between 27 and 30 degrees celsius, and humidity is not at its peak. Mauritius is a fantastic fusion of many different cultures and religions and most of the religious ceremonies are celebrated during this period, although the hotels put a particular emphasis on Christmas and the western New Year.
We can give you an idea of the weather in Mauritius based on previous years however, with worldwide weather becoming more erratic and harder to predict we cannot be held responsible for a disruption to your holiday due to bad weather.
Beachcomber was the first hotel company in Mauritius, so we had the pick of the prime locations and beaches. All of our Mauritius holidays are protected by our ABTA, ATOL and AITO bonding giving you peace of mind. Each Beachcomber hotel in Mauritius offers an individual appeal and exceptional service which we can tailor make to your needs.
See our stunning hotels here