The Seychelles enjoys a warm tropical climate year round with temperatures rarely falling below 24 degrees or rising above 32 degrees centigrade.
- From October to March there are Northwest trade winds when the sea is generally calm with warm tropical weather. Southeast trade winds come May to September when the weather is generally drier and cooler, with choppy seas particularly on south-eastern coasts.
- As the islands of the Seychelles are outside the cyclone belt, high winds and thunderstorms are rare. Heavier rain tends to fall mid December to mid January, with heavier showers extending from November to February.
- At particular times of the year 1 out of the 3 beaches at Sainte Anne may be affected by seaweed due to the strong tradewinds.
Best Times for Particular Activities
- Scuba Diving - March to May and September to November
- Bird Watching - April (breeding season), May to September (nesting of Sooty Terns) and October (migration)
- Hiking / walks and trails - May to September
- Windsurfing - June to September
- Fishing - October to April
- Sailing - Year round
- Snorkelling - Year round
With worldwide weather becoming more erratic and harder to predict we cannot be held responsible for a disruption to your Seychelles holiday due to bad weather.