We understand that planning your wedding and honeymoon abroad is one of the most important and time consuming tasks you will experience in your lifetime. We delight in helping to create a special day for you and your guests, saving you time, stress and providing you with something truly special to look forward to. With experience of arranging over 300 weddings in Mauritius each year, rest assured your big day is in trusted hands.
Unlike many others, we can guarantee one wedding a day at our Beachcomber hotels, ensuring your special day is just that - special. We've even created a helpful guide to saying I do in Mauritius.
Before you go
- Once you have made your booking we will send out confirmation to you along with the Beachcomber Wedding Form then all you need to do is send us the necessary documentation and relax!
- You will need to have your birth certificate re-issued and dated within 3 months of your wedding date. These newly issued birth certificates should be scanned through or posted to Beachcomber Tours approximately 8 weeks (and no later than 5 weeks) in advance of the wedding date together with all other documentation. New UK birth certificates must be ordered online at https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-death-marriage-certificate. To ensure we receive your documents on time, please use the priority ordering service. Please take care not to order too early as the date of issue must be no earlier than 3 months prior to the wedding date. All original documentation and paperwork must be taken with the wedding couple to produce at the relevant offices when completing the formalities once in Mauritius. Should wedding couples hold non-UK birth certificates, they should check with their own Embassy for advice on how to obtain a new birth certificate. In some circumstances, where it is not possible to obtain a duplicate birth certificate, arrangements must be made to complete an Affidavit before travelling to Mauritius. This signed Affidavit must also be dated within 3 months of the wedding date and copies sent to us together with all other documentation. If you have any questions regarding these new wedding document changes, please give us a call and we’d be happy to assist.
- Make sure your passport is valid for more than six months after your return date. If not, you will need to apply for a new one so allow plenty of time for this to come.
- If you are travelling onto another destination that requires vaccinations or malaria tablets, make sure you’re up to date with all of the current requirements.
- If you require a visa we would suggest contacting your consulate to guarantee this is done by your departure date.
- The final balance will be due approximately 10 weeks before you travel and at this point it’s good to re-iterate any special requests you have made for the hotel and to check the policy with your airline with regards to being able to pre-seat, luggage allowances and dietary requests for the flight meals.
- About 3 weeks before you travel, you will receive your Beachcomber travel wallet containing all of your documents; itinerary and even cards to give out so people can contact you.
The day of departure...
Make a final check to ensure you have everything you need:
- Travel documents
- Originals of required documents for your wedding
- Bride and grooms wedding outfits
- If applicable - the wedding party outfits
- For the bride - something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue!
- If required - a copy of the speeches
When you arrive
- When you arrive you will take the day to settle in to your chosen hotel, relax by the pool, sip a cocktail at sunset and enjoy the first day of your honeymoon.
- Meet your wedding planner who will work with you to plan your perfect day.
- You will choose your wedding location – your wedding can take place anywhere in the resort, most people decide on the gardens close to the beach, but the choice is yours! Weddings will usually take place in the late afternoon as it is a cooler time of the day, the light is also better for photographs and you can take advantage of the sunsets at this time of day. Times are subject to registrar availability and seasonality.
Unfortunately we cannot get rid of the legalities but we promise to make them as quick and stress free as possible. The day before your wedding (except on public holidays/Saturday/Sunday) you will be met in reception at approximately 08h30. You must have the originals of all required documentation with you.
You will have to go to 4 different offices in Port Louis and will be accompanied by a taxi driver.
- Civil Status main office Port Louis - All documents will be double checked and authorisation for the wedding will be granted.
- Attorney at law * - all original documents will be checked here and the affidavits will be prepared before they are sworn at the Supreme High Court of Mauritius.
- Supreme High Court of Mauritius * - You will Swear Affidavits & must be well dressed - no shorts for men and arms covered for women (no need for shirt/tie/jackets - smart/casual is acceptable). No children are allowed in the Supreme High Court of Mauritius.
- Civil Status Sub Office - The taxi driver will take you to a sub office in the district closest to your hotel for the publication of the wedding. At this point you will discuss the wedding time and vows with the civil status officer. The Civil Status Officer is the only person who can confirm the wedding time. (Please note that this is more often than not at 4pm)
* If you have your birth certificates re-issued and dated within 3 months of your wedding date or your Affidavit already completed, you will not be required to visit the Attorney at Law nor the Supreme High Court of Mauritius.
You will arrive back at the hotel at approximately 1pm to relax on the beach for the afternoon.
After the big day
Perfect for beating those post wedding blues - you are already on honeymoon! Relax on the beach, indulge your thrill-seeking side with water sports and treat your taste buds to tantalising cuisine. Why not take a shopping trip in Port Louis or tour around a rum factory before returning for a romantic candle-lit dinner for two. Our guest relations team at the hotels will be happy to help you arrange something memorable.